For all our “Seedy” Events
Please read the Guidelines and Registration Notes below, then follow the link to the appropriate application form’s page.
SEEDY SATURDAY GUIDELINES
- The basic theme of Seedy Saturdays is the preservation of biodiversity, particularly within our food supply.
- The Seed Swap is our primary activity, followed by access to local seed and plant participants, and educational speakers.
- We take a broad view of the guidelines, and, therefore, have often included several gardening-related participants and displays.
- Seedy Saturdays are educational functions, not just craft fairs or simple marketing events.
Qualicum Beach Seedy Saturday Association
Policy re: Cannabis
Qualicum Beach Seedy Saturday Association does not permit the sale or distribution of cannabis, cannabis seeds, plants or edibles, or cannabis by-products of any form at its event.
New Participant Registrar and Layout Coordinator needed
For more information about this position(s), visit New QBSS Participant Registrar-LayoutCoordinator(s)
If you were a participant at the February 2017 event, or a later event, you are a RETURNING participant. And, if you have read and agree with our guidelines listed above, go directly to the returning-participant’s application starting page.
To all other applicants (i.e. NEW and PRE-2017 RETURNEES):
By submitting a participant application, you are affirming that you agree with our guidelines listed above.
Please read/review the Registration Notes below.
(A link to the correct application form follows the notes.)
– Setup: 8 am
– Open to Public: 10:00 am – 3:30 pm
– Close/Cleanup: 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Qualicum Beach Civic Centre, 747 Jones Street, Qualicum Beach, BC V9K 1S7. 250-752-1992
$25 per space (with or without a table), plus 10% of sales (fees are non-refundable except under extenuating circumstances)
Note: changes for 2022:
– Two spaces maximum, per participant.
- HOW TO APPLY:
Complete one of the applications (link is below these Registration Notes). There are three ways to apply:
1. Pay online through PayPal (pay with a credit card, or a PayPal account).
2. Apply online, but pay online later, or pay offline by cheque.
3. Print out the mail-in application form, and include a payment when you mail it in.
Make cheque or money order out to: Qualicum Beach Seedy Saturday Association.
Mail to: QBSS Participant Application, 748 Banwell Court, Qualicum Beach, BC V9K 1C2.
- RECEIPTS, REFUNDS, and POLICY:
Mail-in or in-person payments will receive a written receipt at the event. Online payments will receive a PayPal receipt. You cannot be registered until we have received your payment, and you have received an EMAIL confirmation that your application has been accepted.*
* All applications are not necessarily accepted.
Participation is by invitation, so we reserve the right to refuse to accept an application. Your fee will be returned if you’re application is refused.
If you have special considerations, please contact our registrations coordinator, Lori Pross, through email: email@example.com.
- FORM COMPLETION:
An event program is provided for the public. Your profile in the program, and on the website, is based upon the information you provide on the application form, so complete all the form questions as thoroughly as possible.
APPLICATION DEADLINES & NOTES
*** First come, first in ***
Mail-in/offline and online applications without payment:
1. To ensure we receive your application and payment by the deadline January __, 2022,
we recommend you MAIL them by December __, 2021.
SUBMIT on, or before, January __, 2022.
* Late applications may not be included in the event program.
* A late application may not be accepted due to space limitations.
After acceptance as a participant…
- Please check in at the administration desk on arrival at the Civic Centre before setting up.
- If you are donating a door prize, please deliver it to the registration desk before 10 am.
- Some table skirting is available from the Civic Centre.
- Floor coverings are required if placing damp plants/pots on the floor.
- Once unloaded, please park at the far West end of the Civic Centre parking lot to allow for guest parking.
- Rain cover and tables for those with outdoor sites are the participant’s responsibility.
Event basics: Saturday, February, 2022.
Participant setup: 8 am.
Public admitted: 10 am – 3:30 pm.
Event ends: 3:30 pm.
Participant clean-up 3:30 – 5:00pm.
Location: Qualicum Beach Civic Centre,
747 Jones Street, Qualicum Beach, BC V9K 1S7
Note: Free WIFI available: “QB Town Public Wireless”