The group of volunteers that puts Qualicum Beach Seedy Saturday together usually has eight to twelve members. The members constitute the Board of Directors of the Qualicum Beach Seedy Saturday Association, which is registered as a BC not-for-private-profit society. Many of the members are Master Gardeners and all are very active in the local community.
The volunteer group starts work in late September and has regular meetings to ensure that all is going according to plan. A January pot-luck meal and work session is used to pre-package seeds for the seed swap. The members donate seeds from their own gardens. A meeting a few weeks after the event allows for a thorough debriefing and the laying of plans for the coming year. A gathering during the summer allows the members to relax at a pot-luck social evening.
2017/18 Committee Members
- Sue Putz – Chair, supplies storage person, Shoots With Roots
- Doug Byer – Treasurer
- Christina Brown – Seedy Cafe, Farmer’s Market Liaison, Co-Secretary
- Renata Ritter– Raffle, Co-Secretary
- Linda Perkins– Programs, Booklets, Posters Co-ordinator, Website
- Lori Pross– Vendor Registration, Layout
- Gord Almond– Set up Co-ordinator, Signage
- Kathy Claxton – Seed Swap Co-ordinator, Catalogues
- Barbara Perron – Speakers
- Murray Chantler – Publicity
- Robin Benke – Volunteers