Following are links to some websites with useful articles, tutorials, etc.
- Seeds of Diversity – The central organization for Canadian Seedy Saturdays! A visit to their website will illuminate the importance of this organization for all of us.
- Seeds of Diversity monthly e-bulletins – links to their monthly e-bulletins
- Survival Garden – the importance of being prepared for and knowing how to stay safe during an emergency or disaster.
- Phil Nauta’s “Smiling Gardener” site – great free tutorials/information, plus some ‘pay’ content.
- Backyard Money Saver: A Guide to Growing Your Own Food – a comprehensive list of gardening resources
(Thanks to Marie Miller for suggesting this excellent resource!)
- Facts About Flowers for Kids: How Flowers Eat and Grow–Photosynthesis, Parts of a Flower, and much more.
Thanks to Bella* for this useful link! *Bella is a student of Tracy’s at the Salt Lake City Children’s Network.
- Everything a beginning gardener should know: Thanks to Emmy* for this great link! *Emmy is a student of Rachel Martin’s at learninghaven.com.
- From the Farmer’s Almanac :
Companion Planting Chart for Vegetables
Companion Planting with Herbs
From City Farmer – Drought tolerant plants for Vancouver boulevards
From Colby College Biology course – World Wide Flowering Plant Family Identification
- Beginning Home Gardening Guide (Thanks to Cynthia Smuthe for suggesting this useful link!)
- ATTRA Sustainable Agriculture: Great Tutorials, Videos, Podcasts and more–for large and small scale farming.