Following are links to some websites with useful articles, tutorials, etc.
- New funding sprouts more growth for B.C. seeds The Province is increasing support for B.C. seed growers to enhance and expand their operations, bolster food security and create a thriving food economy.
- Getting Started with Sustainable Gardening offers garden layouts and recommendations for people with limited space who want to contribute to the collective benefits of sustainable gardening.
- Sustainability And Gardening: A Guide To Growing Your Own Organic Food covers: the benefits of gardening, how to get started growing your own food, understanding hardiness zones, choosing the right space. Also discusses tools, choosing plants, composting, and other community options for gardening.
- Seeds of Diversity – The central organization for Canadian Seedy Saturdays! A visit to their website will illuminate the importance of this organization for all of us.
- Seeds of Diversity monthly e-bulletins – links to their monthly e-bulletins.
- Survival Garden – the importance of being prepared for and knowing how to stay safe during an emergency or disaster.
- Phil Nauta’s “Smiling Gardener” site – great free tutorials/information, plus some ‘pay’ content.
- Backyard Money Saver: A Guide to Growing Your Own Food – a comprehensive list of gardening resources.
- Facts About Flowers for Kids: How Flowers Eat and Grow–Photosynthesis, Parts of a Flower, and much more.
- Everything a beginning gardener should know
- From the Farmer’s Almanac:
Companion Planting Chart for Vegetables
Companion Planting with Herbs
From City Farmer – Drought tolerant plants for Vancouver boulevards.
From Colby College Biology course – World Wide Flowering Plant Family Identification.
- Beginning Home Gardening Guide
- ATTRA Sustainable Agriculture: Great Tutorials, Videos, Podcasts and more – for large and small scale farming.