Following are links to some websites with useful articles, tutorials, etc.
- New funding sprouts more growth for B.C. seeds The Province is increasing support for B.C. seed growers to enhance and expand their operations, bolster food security and create a thriving food economy.
- Getting Started with Sustainable Gardening offers garden layouts and recommendations for people with limited space who want to contribute to the collective benefits of sustainable gardening.
- Seeds of Diversity – The central organization for Canadian Seedy Saturdays! A visit to their website will illuminate the importance of this organization for all of us.
- Seeds of Diversity monthly e-bulletins – links to their monthly e-bulletins.
- Survival Garden – the importance of being prepared for and knowing how to stay safe during an emergency or disaster.
- Phil Nauta’s “Smiling Gardener” site – great free tutorials/information, plus some ‘pay’ content.
- Backyard Money Saver: A Guide to Growing Your Own Food – a comprehensive list of gardening resources.
- Facts About Flowers for Kids: How Flowers Eat and Grow–Photosynthesis, Parts of a Flower, and much more.
- Everything a beginning gardener should know
- From the Farmer’s Almanac:
Companion Planting Chart for Vegetables
Companion Planting with Herbs
From City Farmer – Drought tolerant plants for Vancouver boulevards.
From Colby College Biology course – World Wide Flowering Plant Family Identification.
- Beginning Home Gardening Guide
- ATTRA Sustainable Agriculture: Great Tutorials, Videos, Podcasts and more – for large and small scale farming.