2018 Event: Saturday, February 3rd, 2018
Please read the Guidelines and Registration Notes below; then follow the link to the application forms page.
Seedy Saturday Guidelines
- The basic theme of Seedy Saturdays is the preservation of biodiversity, particularly within our food supply.
- The Seed Swap is our primary activity, followed by providing access to local seed and plant vendors, and educational speakers.
- We take a broad view of the guidelines, and, therefore, have often included several gardening-related vendors and displays.
- Seedy Saturdays are educational functions, not just craft fairs or simple marketing events.
By submitting a vendor application, you are affirming that you agree with our guidelines.
_ Setup: 8 am
_ Open to Public: 10:00 am – 3:30 pm
_ Close/Cleanup: 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm (Note: earlier end time than previously)
Qualicum Beach Civic Centre, 747 Jones Street, Qualicum Beach, BC v9k 1S7. 250-752-1992
www.qbseedysaturday.ca (note: now a Canadian address – i.e. .ca)
$25 per space (with or without a table), plus 10% of sales (fees are non-refundable except under extenuating circumstances)
Note: changes for 2018:
_ Two spaces maximum, per vendor.
- HOW TO APPLY:
Complete one of the applications (link is below these Registration Notes). There are three ways to apply:
1. Pay online through PayPal (pay with a credit card, or a PayPal account).
2. Apply online, but pay online later, or pay offline by cheque.
3. Print out the mail-in application form, and include a payment when you mail it in.
Make cheque or money order out to: Qualicum Beach Seedy Saturday Association.
Mail to: QBSS Vendor Application, 748 Banwell Court, Qualicum Beach, BC V9K 1C2.
- RECEIPTS, REFUNDS, and POLICY:
Mail-in or in-person payments will receive a written receipt at the event. Online payments will receive a PayPal receipt. You cannot be registered until we have received your payment, and you have received an EMAIL confirmation that your application has been accepted.*
* All applications are not necessarily accepted.
Participation is by invitation, so we reserve the right to refuse to accept an application. Your fee will be returned if your application is refused.
If you have special considerations, please contact our vendor coordinator, Lori Pross, through email: email@example.com.
- FORM COMPLETION:
An event program is provided for the public. Your profile in the program, and on the web site, is based upon the information you provide on the application form, so complete all the form questions as thoroughly as possible.
*** First come, First in ***
Mail-in/offline and online applications without payment:
After acceptance as a vendor…
- Please check in at the administration desk on arrival at the Civic Centre before setting up.
- If you are donating a door prize, please deliver it to the registration desk before 10 am.
- Some table skirting is available from the Civic Centre.
- Floor coverings are required if placing damp plants/pots on the floor.
- Once unloaded, please park at the far West end of the Civic Centre parking lot to allow for customer parking.
- Rain cover and tables for those with outdoor sites are the vendor’s responsibility.
Event basics: Saturday, February 3rd, 2018. Vendor Setup: 8 am. Public admitted: 10 am – 3:30 pm. Event ends: 3:30 pm. Vendor clean-up 3:30 – 5:00pm. Location: Qualicum Beach Civic Centre, 747 Jones Street, Qualicum Beach, V9K 1S7. 250-752-1992
Note: Free WIFI available: “QB Town Public Wireless”