Guidelines and Policies
The basic theme of Seedy Saturdays is the preservation of biodiversity, particularly within our food supply.
Encouraging the use of public domain non-hybrid plants of Canadian significance.
Enabling the local trading of heritage and open-pollinated seeds.
Educating the public about environmentally responsible gardening practises.
The Seed Swap is our primary activity, followed by access to local seed, plant and garden-related vendors, educational speakers, and registered not-for-profit garden-related displays. Seedy Saturdays are educational functions, not just craft fairs or simple marketing events.
See below the Vendor/Exhibitor Directory to register as a vendor or exhibitor. Jump to REGISTRATION >
(more info to come)
|Full Circle Seeds|
|Home Grown Bee|
|Mid Island Floral Art Club|
|Moose & Bean Farm|
|Mount Arrowsmith Biosphere|
|Seeds of Diversity Canada|
|Sweet Rock Farm|
|Vancouver Island Master Gardeners Association|
|West Coast Plants|
We particularly seek and support local seed, plant and garden related vendors. We especially value applications from vendors saving, producing or developing seeds suitable for our region. All vendor applications will be assessed to ensure they meet the intention and goals of this Seedy Saturday event.
By applying, each vendor selling seeds/plants at this event confirms that:
- You are not knowingly selling GMO seeds or plants or invasive species. For information about invasive plants please check www.bcinvasives.ca
- The seeds and plants you are selling have been grown out by you or your designate, either on your property or an offsite location that you approve.
- The seeds and plants you are selling have been grown out by another grower for which you have an exchange arrangement in place and you identify this detail in your respective catalogues at your table.
Qualicum Beach Seedy Saturday Association Policy regarding Cannabis: Qualicum Beach Seedy Saturday Association does not permit the sale or distribution of cannabis, cannabis seeds, plants or edibles, or cannabis by-products of any form at its event.
By submitting a vendor/exhibitor application, you are affirming that you agree with our guidelines and policies listed above.
Location and Time
Qualicum Beach Civic Centre, 747 Jones Street, Qualicum Beach, BC V9K 1S7. Phone Civic Centre: 250-752-1992.
Saturday, February 3, 2024. Set-up begins at 7:30 am. Open to public from 10:00 am – 3:30 pm. Close/clean-up from 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm.
Registration is now open and will close January 13, 2024.
$40 per space. Tables are provided for inside only; fees are non-refundable except under extenuating circumstances. Two spaces maximum per vendor. Registered Not-for-Profit exhibitors are limited to one free space.
Application for a vendor or exhibitor space at the next QB Seedy Saturday event on Saturday, February 3, 2024.
FORM: Fill out the form online (link below). Or use the pdf form and email or mail the form (address is on the form). Your profile in the printed event booklet, and in the online directory, is based on the information you provide on the application form, so complete it as thoroughly as possible. We reserve the right to edit your profile (for space considerations).
PAYMENT: You can pay through e-transfer, cheque or money order. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to send auto deposit payment via e-transfer (online payment link below). Please indicate the business or organization name for which the payment is designated. Make cheque or money order out to “Qualicum Beach Seedy Saturday Association”. You cannot be registered until we have received your payment and you have received an email confirmation that your application has been accepted. We reserve the right to refuse to accept an application. Your fee will be returned if you’re application is refused.
Garry and Jackie, our Vendor/Exhibitor Coordinators, will contact you shortly after they receive your submission—usually within hours, but it could be a day or so.
Application deadline is January 13, 2024. Mail-in applications should be sent by by December 23, 2023. Late applications may not be accepted due to space limitations.
The day of the event…
• Please stop at the Vendor/Exhibitor Check In/Check Out desk on arrival at the Civic Centre BEFORE unoading/setting up.
• Please be considerate and unload quickly. Please do not block the bus stop out front of the Civic Centre. Volunteers will be there to assist in unloading. Once unloaded, please park at the far west end of the Civic Centre parking lot to allow for guest parking. There will also be volunteers to help you load up again at the end of the day.
• The Civic Centre does not allow items to be taped to the walls.
• Floor coverings are required if placing damp plants/pots on the floor, or if there may be spillage from your display. You are responsible for cleaning up your display area before you leave.
• Rain cover and tables for those with outdoor sites are the vendor/exhibitor’s responsibility.
• Free WIFI available “QB Town Public Wireless”.
• No ATM on site.